All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
rpraneeth

Changing Jobs While I-485 is Pending

Hello Experts,

I recently downgraded from EB2 to EB3 (Oct 2020).  I have received my receipt notices last week.  I am interested in a job role within my company.  Below are my questions - 

1. If the job role is same or similar, I understand that we can change jobs after 6 months of pending I-485.  I have two dates on the receipts (received date and notice date).  Which date will be considered for the 6 months clause?

2. As it is a downgrade, my I140 has been applied as well.  If I consider taking that new role, is there any benefit to doing a premium processing for I140?

3. If the job role is not similar to my current role, would I have to apply everything including PERM from the beginning? In this case, would I be retaining my original PD.  

4. If I get my EAD, does the job still have to be similar if I want to move?

Thanks in advance.

Following this thread as I am in the same situation.

Does the rule specifically say that you can change after recieving  your EAD reciept or after recieving approval of the I-485.

hi there,

I would like to get expert opinion on my Green Card processing.

I work for company B  currently. While i was working for a Company B , I have filed for EB3 Downgraded from Eb2 Status with my previous employer B as my PD was   2011.   At this time I have received EAD and finger  Prints completed.  I-140  and I-485 is pending as the date is not yet current.  I am assuming final filing date may be current in couple of months.  

I would like to see what are my options
Can transfer to current employer without join back to company A?
Can i qualify for  AC21 or 485J? If yes are there risks ?
or it is recommended to join back to the previous employer?