Second visitor's visa extension request

riaroy123

Here is my case regarding my Mom’s visitor visa extension. She came to USA in January 2020 and her stay expired in July 2020. We applied in May 2020 for a visa extension until January 2021 due to the COVID-19 scenario. The case is currently being reviewed by USCIS and the decision is yet to be made.

In November/December, we called USCIS and explained our situation and consulted them regarding the possibility of a 2nd visa extension due to the ongoing pandemic. The first time we were told that a 2nd visa extension should be possible. However, we should wait for a decision on the 1st visa extension. We called few days later and were told that due to the current situation, we could apply for a 2nd visa extension.

After giving a thought, we submitted a 2nd visa extension application in December requesting that my Mom’s stay here be extended until June 2021. The case has been received by USCIS.

Our question was the following:

-        With the 240-day rule, should my Mom plan on returning in March 2021 (provided a decision is not made on her case prior to that) since this is when 240 days would expire from her I-94 expiry in July 2020 or is there something else that we should consider? Is anyone in the same boat as ours?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks

We are in the same boat.  We applied for the first extension for my Mom and waiting on a decision.

Her original stay expired in August 2020. We applied for first extension for 6 months in July 2020. We are not sure if she need to leave after 240 days from Aug 2020 or if we can apply for 2nd extension so she can stay further due to the covid situation.