All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Anurag1012

10 YEAR B2 VISA expired May 2020 for father. Is he eligible for dropbox for his second B2 visa

Hi,

My Dad's passport and visa for 10 years expired in May 2020. My mom passed away in August 2020 and  he got his new passport recently. To come back to the US he needs to get a new B2 visa. Since his visa has already expired and considering the pandemic situation is he eligible for renewal through dropbox ? 

I am also applying the renewal  for my parents as well.Currently when filling the application it’s asking if the current visa expired in past 24 months .If it is then it’s showing that it’s eligible for drop box .The tough part is getting the appointment .Been almost over weeks not seeing any dates available .Atleast for Hyd.I am not sure if anyone able to get any dates as of now .

bkrishn Thanks. Yes that is what I figured out that he is eligible for dropbox and apparently appointments are not available.

Also is it possible for someone else to go attend the dropbox appointment with all the documents  or does the person themselves need to go ? I have seen few posts mention that it is possible but just wanted to find out . Thanks.

I am not sure about if someone else can goto Dropbox on behalf of the applicant !! If they allow would be easier to take appointment in available consulate .