H4 Visa details

I have a different Situation. My Dependents visa is getting expired by Feb 1st. I am having approved H1 visa. I am yet to apply for H4 visa renewal. But my kids passports applied for renewal. Yet to receive - Pending with VFS. Their I94 expiry is same as visa expiry date.  Please advise if I apply for visa with out passport renewal - what are the issues I encounter. Or do i need to wait for passport renewal and then apply? Also - feb 1st is the expiry date.. If i apply before that date - any issues will arise? please guide..  How long H4 dependents can stay after visa expiry and H1 is approved.

Passport renewal is required for stamping & travel, you can renew H4 with existing documents and do that asap, make sure you get a receipt before Feb-01-2021, that way in case of query about passport not being current/valid you have proof that you applied for passport renewal. If you wait for renewed passport, dependents might be out of status by then. Followup with VFS or even travel to their office and request expedited process by taking an appointment and explain your situation, they do understand and will do it but you probably need to request them in person.