Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Changing I-140 AOS to CP from Outside of USA

Recommended Posts

I am an Indian national, was working in the US, have an approved I-140 with Adjustment of Status (AOS), L1 visa has expired, and now I’m moving back to home country this week to work for the India branch of the same US employer. My long term wish is to come back to US with a Green Card but not necessarily when my Priority Date becomes current.

  1. Can I change the I-140 to Consular Processing (CP) while residing in India, so that I have the flexibility to choose when to move back to the US?
  2. With CP can I get the GC while I am residing in India or do I need to move to the US with an employment visa first?

Thanks for helping!

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now