All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Malick79

VO Unable to locate Petition 221 G

Hi All 

I went to a visa interview last week for visa stamping. The interview went well, He took finger scanning, 4-5 questions related to my job role.

but VO said that he is unable to locate the approved petition in the database. 

He told me that he needs to verify the petition although I have original petition with me no action required on my end. He took my passport & handed me a green color slip with 221 G. 

Can anyone tell me how long would it take for the visa stamping? Appreciate the response

Unfortunately there is no timeline for this. Its a glitch in the Petitioner Information Management Service (PIMS) maintained by the Kentucky Consular Center......basically the VO could not find your petition info in the PIMS database....it is not thru any fault of yours.

On 12/21/2020 at 3:14 AM, Malick79 said:

Hi All 

I went to a visa interview last week for visa stamping. The interview went well, He took finger scanning, 4-5 questions related to my job role.

but VO said that he is unable to locate the approved petition in the database. 

He told me that he needs to verify the petition although I have original petition with me no action required on my end. He took my passport & handed me a green color slip with 221 G. 

Can anyone tell me how long would it take for the visa stamping? Appreciate the response

This is PIMS check, where consulate officers verify information of recently approved petitions with KCC(Kentucky Consular Center),

This usually clears soon than other 221g's.

As usual only post question when have issues,,,, You attended the interview at this challenging times and there by you hold a lot of valuable information that many desperate people need. But its ok business is as usual.

PIMS issue is normal. It looks like you went to interview with in 3 to 4 months of approval. It's OK. I am positive that you will get visa soon.

Edited by gopalakrishnach

Thanks, everyone for your prompt response.  @RK Singh, @pontevecchio @venkatramrm@gmail.com

The 221 G slip VO handed me over he wrote Petition Corrected (Does it mean something? ) He just mentioned to me that he could not locate the petition in the database. 

I wish to get a positive response from the embassy soon. 

Just change of status on CEAC from Refused to Administrative Processing. Hope the issue (PIMS) be resolved soon. 

Just change of status on CEAC from Refused to Administrative Processing( 02/02 and then again 02/07). I hope the issue (PIMS) be resolved soon.