H1B Extension

Divyakiran

Hello,

I recently switched jobs and got my H1B extended. My previous employer had filed for my GC and Labor was approved but yet to file i140 as the company halted all GC process due to pandemic and then my project moved to a different vendor and I was employed by the vendor and extended my h1b. I received i797 petition via mail which was extended until july 2023. However, per my calculations my H1B maxes out in June 2022. How could this happen? Out of curiosity i reached out to immigration lawyers and they came back stating we're going to reach out to USCIS for date correction(to june 2022 including recapture time) and they still have not responded on how i got the July 2023 expiry on i797. Has anyone encountered this scenario?  Doesn't USCIS check for all the details before approving the H1B extension for the submitted date?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My current employer attorney's themselves are asking for my priority date. I reached out to my previous employer and they have confirmed "

We were not yet at the ETA 9089 stage with the PERM case.  Also, since the I-140 was never filed, the ETA 9089" and my current employer is asking to have the date on H1B corrected to June 2022 by reaching out to USCIS. Could there also be an USCIS processing error?

On 12/23/2020 at 1:53 PM, Zodiac System said:

I believe you have a priority date since your PERM is approved.  Check with your attorney (or new employer's attorney).

My current employer attorney's themselves are asking for my priority date. I reached out to my previous employer and they have confirmed "

We were not yet at the ETA 9089 stage with the PERM case.  Also, since the I-140 was never filed, the ETA 9089" and my current employer is asking to have the date on H1B corrected to June 2022 by reaching out to USCIS. Could there also be an USCIS processing error?

On 1/15/2021 at 2:15 PM, Divyakiran said:

Your very first sentence said  "My previous employer had filed for my GC and Labor was approved"........    Please get proof of this approved labor from your previous employer and give it to your current employer/attorney. 

Also request your current employer/attorney to start your new GC process immediately.  This will help with your future H1b extensions

Edited by Zodiac System