221G GREEN CHENNAI CONSULATE --- AUGUST TRACKER

Coolbuddy0311

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I had an interview at chennai consulate on 19th Aug 2011 and received a green 221g form saying "returning passport until admin process complete".

The VO did not ask for additional documentation- she did not check any fields asking for anything...

She was searching for a letter to USCIS in which my employer must mention my vendor's name( which we had submitted while filing petition). I gave her my vendor letter and client letter but she wasnt satisfied.

I am still waiting for the response from consulate.

Should I submit the documents again even if I am not requested any?

- Should i be seding

Hi everyone..

I have been thru this 221(g) security clearance back in 2008. I attended interview at Chennai consulate for my first H-B stamping in early Dec 2008 and got my visa stamped in late March 2009...almost 4 months. I am full time employee with MS degree in US and now I have to get my H-1B renewal stamp this Nov end. I have to visit India for personal reasons.

Please advise which consulate I should attend to minimize the chances of getting 221(g) again. I spoke with my attorney and he said "most probably it will happen again, since it happend first time". Appreciate for any advise.

Archived