221G GREEN CHENNAI CONSULATE --- AUGUST TRACKER

Coolbuddy0311

hello everyone,sorry to join u guys very late...

Interview attended: August 9th 2011 chennai got green

Questions asked: employee details,Work location, EVC model, Projectdetails,client details,teaming agreement,salary slips,bank statements

221 g docs submitted date: Sept 15th 2011 at Hyd VFS

went to chennai on 29 th to withdraw my visa application,VO was searching my documents but could not find them,finally after standing in the counter for 20min,VO came in and told me he got sum news for me that my docs are already sent bac to vfs hyd,VO has inclined my case. I was like wats happening,when i came in and collected my docs in hyd,i got all the docs i submitted and even same old 221g green slip bac requesting for "pls send passport" but unfortunately my PP got damaged when i was goin to chennai the previous day, have to apply for new one and send it to consulate. I wish once i send my PP... visa should be stamped.God knows.... all the best to all of u guys waiting... be positive... pls dont keep looking at ur status every now and then... do concentrate on sumthing else... things will be fine...

@creator: Can i know why u decided to withdraw ur application ? Also, did the consulate guys contact ur client for verification before they asked to submit passport ?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Srini

yah i got responce saying that it is under rivew by consular..

Hi guys

i have a doubt with out submitting the passport also can we check the status at ..Track your passport..

is there any problem if we call to consulate once a week..i am calling to 04428574242 is this right no or should i call to 2026631225..please let me know which no we can call for the exact status...

my docs reached to chennai on 7th Sept..still no update..

@ harvisa001

I'm also in the same boat. I have submitted all docs as per 221g 0n 30th Sep. Mine is also in-house product development.

Have you got any reply from consulate to submit your PP?

What are the chances that we get our Visa.

To Experts - I have seen that 221g cases which are getting cleared with Visa approved are extension cases only. What are the chances for the 1st time H1B's to get Visa after receiving 221g like me?

Please light-up hope with us.Thanks in advance.

hi guys...

@221g_processing:

Do we have to go in person to withdraw the application?If we attend at chennai consulate can we go to HYD consulate to withdraw the application?

Yes u need to go in person to withdraw the application,no u should only go to chennai to withdraw ur case that too only on thursdays after 2pm,u need to book a slot with consulate people,they need to confirm it first.

@pranavi2008:

Hi creator007

Do we need to take Appointment to withdraw the application, please let me know the process..

i have submitted documents on 30th sept stll no responce from consulate..

Yes pranavi appointment is mandatory to withdraw your case,also once u buk ur slot when u go to VO,they will ask u the reason to withdraw... u cant just say watever u want but the reason should be very much clear and appropriate to situation.becoz they will be keenly observing ur genuinity of answering.becoz watever reason u give them all will be maintained in the record and it will come into picture next time u apply on same petition and chances of previous application revisal are more,so think twice before withdrawing the petition.

@forumman:

i have got some specific reasons to withdraw i explained VO clearly he was completly ok with that but i was completely surprised to c the documents were already cleared in 2 weeks of my submission. coming to client i dont know if they contacted or not becoz most of the clients and employers do not reveal all these info but i guess they check all the employer details and client details thoroughly,as there are many of non existing client letters being produced.they want to c the genuinity is wat i understood.Only thing is wat ever docs we send them should be upto mark and every doc should be relevent to wat VO asked for.No extra docs or short of documents should be provided,just send wat VO asked,becoz VO will spend very much time on ur case,each and every doc will be referred.when i recieved the docs bac i could feel that every single paper in the set was verified by VO even 140pages of my project scope.So dont wry everything will be alrite just time differs from person to person...

is there any alternate to find the status...

@ harvisa001

I'm also in the same boat. I have submitted all docs as per 221g 0n 30th Sep. Mine is also in-house product development.

To Experts - I have seen that 221g cases which are getting cleared with Visa approved are extension cases only. What are the chances for the 1st time H1B's to get Visa after receiving 221g like me?

hello there,

even mine is fresh H1... non US masters... all u need is patience and hope... just be cool and forget abt status check daily.gud luk...tc..

@ harvisa001

@thisisbalaji

Yes, They asked me to submit my Passport.. I did..and just waiting for response..

If you look at june,july tracker most of people got good results - 221g...

I am very much hope...and we all will get good results....

pray for all people...

Thanks

7 weeks ago, they asked my passport. Still now there is no reply. I am really frustrated calling VFS, Chennai consulate.. Finally I called DOS (Depart of State), there is no update.

Hi. I am in the same situation. Its been 2 months now after submitting passport. Called DOS and was told my case is under final review. I am waiting for 9 months now. Please update me if u hear something.

Thanks

Thanks Creator007.

i got this email from chennainiv

This is in response to your inquiry. Consular Records show that we have sent you a 221g letter through VFS on October 11, 2011. On receipt of this 221g letter, you may act as directed therein.

is it positive sign ?

did u get the 221g asking to enclose ur passport,if so then it should be a gud sign,if ur 221g asks for additonal documents then they want to luk into ur case more clearly.First luk at 221g wat u recieved through VFS.then u ll know wat exactly it is.

Hi Guys..

i have a doubt for 221g green...VO wrote one 8 digits reference no on green form for me..but i cant track the status with that No.

for all green forms they are giving that no or its for me only...if any one have idea abt that plz let me know

hey pranavi it should be a 9 digit number,sumtimes VO forgets to write the number on 221g which he/she gives u during the interview but they have it in their systems.All the people whoever got 221g gets a number,which is nothing but case number/id.they forgot to put he number for me when i got 221g during interview,later when i got my docs back requesting for PP i have seen the number written on it.So dont wry and dont keep thinkin on these small things.Just divert urself from this,things will wrk out fine for everyone all we need is patience.it will be like timetaking if u keep on waiting for it,so people pls get onto sum other things u ll not find it difficult. if anything spoken wrong sorry.

Hello Seniors,

My details are below.

Visa interview: Aug 11th 2011 @ Chennai - 221g Green color issued and selected 7 docs (petition, lca, client letter, proj details, contrats between EVC)

Employment type : EC thru Vendor management system

Docs submitted: Sept 12th 2011.

Response from Chennai thru VFS: Oct 19th 2011, 221G Blue slip +

they returned all my documents which i was submitted on 12th sept, again they asked the same docs (which i submitted earlier) (petition, client letter, contrats between EVC).

No idea why they asked the same document.

Appreciate your support/suggestion/help.

-krnv

Finally i have a good news to share... The wait is over...

My Case at Chennai Consulate:

Visa Interview Date : 08/26/2011

221g : Green Slip (No passport)

Docs Submitted :Employer related docs (client letter, list of employees, employee-employer contract etc)

Docs Submitted Date : 09/02/2011

Model : EC

Email Receipt Date : 10/13/2011 (43 calendar daysss) (Asking to submit to passport)

Stamped Passport Received : 10/19/2011

-Srini

Archived