Visa Bulletin – Little Forward Movement

Attorney_22

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding the visa bulletin, and the surprisingly, small forward movement for Final Action dates.    

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Hello,
Considering the anticipated (speculated) 'Little Forward Movement', would like a suggestion:
I have an approved I-140 from previous employer with PD = Sept 2016 in EB2

My existing employer is in process of filing fresh GC/Perm/I-140.
Qs>
1. Should I file it in EB3 ? Pros/Cons?
2. if my PD becomes current in EB2, can I use I-140 from previous employer to file I-485?3. if incase I want to switch to EB2, can I do that using previous I-140 or would there be a different process?

Thanks in advance for response.

Hello,
Considering the anticipated (speculated) 'Little Forward Movement', would like a suggestion:

Qs>
2. if my PD becomes current in EB2, can I use I-140 from previous employer to file I-485?3. if incase I want to switch to EB2, can I do that using previous I-140 or would there be a different process?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 12:35 PM, Visadocs said:

Hello,

Qs>

Filing a PERM application that qualifies for EB2 will provide you more flexibility at the I-140 stage regarding the category you wish to utilize. To discuss this in detail, call our office to speak to one of our attorneys. 

On 10/29/2020 at 10:19 PM, manojkuttam said:

I applied for 485/EAD/AP with EB3 downgrade and hope to receive the 484 EAD in 6 months. If there is a situation of H1b status loss, can I change my status to H4 and apply for H4 EAD ? And use it for employment. Idea is to avoid using the 484 EAD.

Provided you file the change of status from H1B to H4 timely, you should be able to pursue this option. 

Hi,

I am currently in US and have an approved H1B petition til June 15 , 2021. My 6 years will be over by that time and and my PERM is still under processing.
Currently I have applied for the H4 and H4 EAD with future effective date Apr 30 , 2021 .In case the H4 doesn't get approved by that time , then how can I stop my H1B 
clock to proceed further and save 1 months in my H1B 6 years balance to re-apply when my I-140 gets approved .

1. Is there a way I can request USCIS to stop my H1 clock by Apr 30 , 2021? 

2. Will there be any issue to file H1 extension once I receive I140 if I don't save any time on my current H1?