Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Errors in Birth Certificate

Recommended Posts


I have my birth certificate, but have a lot of mistakes on it. for e.g.

a) My name is incorrect not just spelling, but first name has an extra 'P' and middle name is totally different that what's on my passport

b) Father's name is incorrect.. His name has an incorrect middle initial.

c) Mother and Father's last name spelling has an minor error.. it has an 'a' instead of 'e'.

The govt office says they cant make the change in the my name. The only think they suggest I do is make a name change in the Gazette.

For my parent name, they want proofs from before I was born, which are hard to find.



a) Is the Gazette accepted by USICS/1-485 Interview? Do I need to make an affidavit from my parents?

b) Can errors in my parents name be supported by other documents, such as passport, school leaving, drivers license etc? Please suggest other documents.

Thank you


Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now