Urgent Opinion needed - Holding Valid and Stamped H1B (but no longer working for that employer), currently in India, and also holding B1/B2, If I travel to US for personal trip on B1/B2, can they cancel/revoke my H1B stamped and valid visa at immigration?

Hi,

I left US and my last employer in Feb, 2020 and came back to India. My last visa still stamped and valid until early next year. I haven't found any new employer as yet. Am also holding B1/B2, if I decide to travel to US now on B1/B2 (considering personal trip, family visit etc), as my H1B is also valid and stamped:

- Can I travel on B1/B2?

- At point of immigration, will they going to cancel/revoke or will  take any action on my H1B visa as my travel on intend is person (B1).

- Or the immigration, will not do anything to my h1b visa and let me in (provided i convince them with my personal reasons).

- Is this possible to enter US on B1/B2 and find an employer and getting transfer done from B1 to H1?

I can fly on B1/B2, however, wanting to be sure that it will not do any impact on my stamped h1b during immigration. Still not sure about this and hence looking for strong opinion and guidance.

Thank you.

Edited by Bhatt_Hemant
Missed query

Plan carefully since you have both H1B and B1/B2. I feel at one time you need to ahve one active visa which you can use.

- Is this possible to enter US on B1/B2 and find an employer and getting transfer done from B1 to H1? --- They might sense this is your real reason coming and you are just using B1/B2 to just enter into USA.

Please be careful. My suggestion find new H1B employer get approved and come back.

15 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

Plan carefully since you have both H1B and B1/B2. I feel at one time you need to ahve one active visa which you can use.

- Is this possible to enter US on B1/B2 and find an employer and getting transfer done from B1 to H1? --- They might sense this is your real reason coming and you are just using B1/B2 to just enter into USA.

Please be careful. My suggestion find new H1B employer get approved and come back.

Thanks Gopal for your inputs. Your inputs makes sense.