Job change before or after I485 submission

Hi,

I am with company A and my date became current this month to file for I485. But, recently I am getting offer from company B. What are my best options..

1. should I change jobs and then file I485 with company B. If that so, First company B will apply for  H1 transfer followed by PERM and  I485 To keep the original protity date from company A .... Am I right?
2. submit I485 first with company A and then switch to company B. if I do this, how long I have to stay with the company A before I move to company B.

thank you in advance for your reply

• 2 weeks later...

If you file I-485 there is a rule that you need to stay with the current employer for 180 days . After which you are allowed to change jobs and do porting.   Alternatively you can just change to new employer now ,and start the new process again. Only con is that you will have to wait for your date to get current again. You are the best judge to weigh the pro's and con's of each option. Good Luck.