Citizenship for minor after naturalization of parents

My spouse and I became naturalized citizens and got our naturalization certificate and US passport. For our minor child who was born outside United States, we applied for a passport and got that made as well. But we do not have a naturalization certificate for the minor child. So my questions are:

1) how do we go about getting a naturalization certificate for minor child since we already have a US passport for this child? Do we have to file a N-600 application for the minor child? The application fee for that alone is $1170.

2) Does the minor child (age 15) need to go through Oath Ceremony for getting their naturalization certificate? Is a naturalization certificate even needed for this minor child?

1. Yes. (It would be a Certificate of Citizenship, not Certificate of Naturalization.) If you want a Certificate of Citizenship for him, that is what you have to do

2. Yes, there is an oath ceremony for getting the Certificate of Citizenship.

No, a Certificate of Citizenship is not needed. His/her US passport is sufficient proof of US citizenship for essentially all purposes.