All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
guest33

Follow-up on Application

Hello,

I filed my N-400 and completed my biometrics  in February 2020. When I checked the status on my USCIS portal, it says estimated case completion date is November. There is also a note indicating that my application is taking longer than expected to process.

I understand that USCIS offices were temporarily closed earlier this year. But, I wonder if I should call USCIS and check on the status. Is there a 90-day rule for processing applications?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Thanks, pontevecchio.

On a separate note, my GC expires in July 2021. Is it advisable to apply for renewal of GC while N-400 is pending? Or can I get by with an I-551 stamp for any travel needs?

Any advice/suggestions?

Thanks.

The USCIS take is as follows

"What should I do if I have already applied for naturalization and my Permanent Resident Card, also known as “Green Card,” is expiring?

A lawful permanent resident is required to have valid, unexpired proof of lawful permanent residence in his or her possession at all times.  Applying for naturalization does not change this requirement.  For this reason, you must generally apply to renew your expiring Green Card even if you have applied for naturalization. For more information on renewing your Green Card, visit uscis.gov/green-card/after-we-grant-your-green-card/replace-your-green-card or uscis.gov/i-90."