DUI question relating to I-485/DS160

nj5355

My DUI was dismissed with no conviction 13 years ago (my first and only run-in with the law). I have now become eligible to file for I-485. 

After reading the section on I-485 and the clear explanation that applicants should answer “Yes” even if a judge or attorney told you no longer have a record or if the case has been dismissed (both of which are applicable to me), I am going to say Yes  to this question on the I-485.

I realized I may have misinterpreted a similar, but not as detailed question on the DS160 form for work visa – since the question on the DS160 does not clearly call out if that also applies to expunged cases. I made an honest mistake by saying No to this question on the DS160 because I had been told that my record was clean and didn’t think it applied to expunged records.  My work visa has been approved every time without any questions relating to this when I applied for an extension. I had since forgotten about this until I became eligible to file for I-485. I'm getting a little anxious about this now.

1.       Will this impact my I-485 application?

2.       How do I go about correcting this?

Thanks.

Edited by nj5355
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...