221g Employment Documents on 28/09/2020

swetha_09

Hello Everyone,

Here is my situation

I am working as direct employee of US based Company A. I have applied for my H1b extension in November 2019 with a developer Title X, got it approved in January 2020. I got promoted with in the same Job group as Lead/developer with Title Y. Travelled to India in March 2020 hoping to get the Visa stamped , but things changed as consulates got closed on 16/03/2020. So, I have been working remotely from then. On 12/08/2020  some exceptions were released to the travel Ban proclamation on June 22 for H1b, I was eligible for one of the exception as I would be travelling to same Job that I had before coming to India.

So, I was able to get an emergency visa slot for H1b based on family separation medical reason, as my husband is in USA. I attended H1b Visa stamping on 28/09/2020, and here are the questions VO asked.

1. Are you applying for H1B

2. Who do you work for ?

2. What is your Designation,

3. What do you do exactly, Job Duties,

4. Are you going to same place in same role.

5. Do you know your rights.

Then he was looking into screen, probably my VISA application DS160, discussed something with other person behind him and took a 221g form. He said I need to scan and send employment documents to the email on the 221g form. I said I do have them now, but he said that because of COVID they are not able to look into documents now and asked to send them electronically.

So, I was wondering, is there anyone in same situation of applying for H1b in these COVID times and got it approved, is this new process of asking documents electronically ? 

Also, I have the question about having different Titles on Immigration Documents like LCA and I129 and Employment verification Letter, as the Title changed after H1b extension was approved, but Job duties did not change more than 50%. Will there be any kind of supporting documents to use for Title changes for Visa Approvals.

Thank you.

So, I was wondering, is there anyone in same situation of applying for H1b in these COVID times and got it approved, is this new process of asking documents electronically ?  .. you are the first one in this forum to psot your experience and I greatly appreciate it. I feel there are quite a few people who attended and do not post her but just lurk around to extract the help they want. Now coming to electronically asking for documents its common-sense during COVID times. So do not worry about this new process and more over I feel this is standard.

I always suggest have same job title and responsibilities in all kind of immigration forms. If not issues happens and in your case thats what I feel it might happened. I hope your issue resolves soon in positive way...

Edited by gopalakrishnach
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a similar situation with 221g from Mumbai consulate requesting my end client letter which I emailed on 09/29/2020.

Not yet heard back. Passport was returned w 221g form. Any idea how much time they are currently taking for processing and when I should likely expect a revert. CC has been very unhelpful and usual answer is it can take upto 180 days for 221g admin processing. Sounds unreasonable for processing an end client letter which was part of my petition and again submitted via email for emergency appointment request. Ultimately went for dropbox though. And similarly VO refused to accept it when I was carrying it when I was given the 221g form.