All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andjohnson

Using H1-B visa stamping after the H1-B transfer approval was revoked by employer

Earlier this year I got a job offer and H1-B transfer was done. I came to my home country for stamping before starting work with this employer. After visa interviews, my passport had been stuck with US consulate since March due to Covid closures. My job offer was rescinded, and H1-B petition was revoked by USCIS on July 10th, due to these delays. Subsequently, the H1-B stamp was issued on September 16th. I had not taken any action from my end as I had thought the passport was stuck at the consulate and I didn’t even know any action that I should have taken. So, now if I do get another I-797 with same or different employer, can I enter the US and start work with the stamping I just received? Will there be any issues/questions at port of entry?

So you went to visa interview for petition EACXXX and now this petition is revoked?

Later your visa got stamped with EACXXX. Am I correct? If yes

I feel it will be risky. At POE if they contact employer they might say you do not work for them and you will land in troubled waters.

Find new employer. Do new H1B petition. Once it is approved carry stamped H1B visa and this new H1B approval. Then you will be good. With new H1B petition approved no need new visa stamping.

Hi, thank you very much for your reply. I definitely only intend to go with new employer, new H1b approval in hand. Will definitely not be going with just the stamp.

Hi, I have another quick question - is there a good contact number where I can reach CBP or Port of Entry for any queries? Kindly let me know. Thanks!