Date current; 485 applied, have EAD+AP; next steps ?

sumitp

Hello everyone

Appreciate if anyone has experience or answers for the following:

Current state:

EB2 India Date (Aug 2009) got current in Oct 2020 visa bulletin. 485 has been applied (when date was current for short time several years ago) and have EAD and AP from several years and also medical test is up to date.

Questions:

- Is Interview a new step added ? and does it apply for even applications which are from 2009 ?

- Any next steps to do ? or just wait for any correspondence from USCIS ?

Thanks

Edited by sumitp

No steps to take, as far as i know we just need to wait for case to be updated. Interview for older 485 applicants is random for only selective cases.

i am curious though, what month and year did you last submit your medicals?

my pd is july 2009 and i had rfes in 2014 and 2018 august to redo medicals. Technically my medical will have expired by the time the pd becomes current on oct 1st.

Thanks everyone for the answers and comments. 

I checked the last RFE date for medical records, it was July 2018. So I must have submitted in August 2018. So technically now its just more than 2 years. 

But I have submitted medical records and tests at least 3 times since the 485 was originally applied. 

Thanks

On 9/25/2020 at 2:52 PM, H1_485EAD_H1 said:

No steps to take, as far as i know we just need to wait for case to be updated. Interview for older 485 applicants is random for only selective cases.

i am curious though, what month and year did you last submit your medicals?

my pd is july 2009 and i had rfes in 2014 and 2018 august to redo medicals. Technically my medical will have expired by the time the pd becomes current on oct 1st.

correct, I think I am in very similar situation. 

So I checked in detail and the last RFE which required medical record update (I-693) was in July 2018, but the deadline to submit the response was Oct 20, 2018 🙂 

Also, when I checked the RFE letter, the language says "as of June 1, 2014, Form I-693, report of medical examination and vaccination record, will loose its validity ONE year after having submitted to USCIS". 

So I am not sure if this will result in another RFE for update of medical records. 

Also, is it typical to also see an RFE to check current employer and current employment status. It was part of the same previous RFE which was responded to and luckily there is no employment change since then.

Thanks

Edited by sumitp

I have similar question, my 485 was filed in 2012 also, and since then I have not received any communication other than case received and PD retrogressed and not current (EB2 Feb 10). 

I have not received any Medical RFE also. 

What are the next steps to expect and any chances it could become current again and we can finally get GC ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 9:56 AM, maverick9 said:

I have similar question, my 485 was filed in 2012 also, and since then I have not received any communication other than case received and PD retrogressed and not current (EB2 Feb 10). 

I have not received any Medical RFE also. 

What are the next steps to expect and any chances it could become current again and we can finally get GC ?

Did you not apply for EAD and AP at that time ? And surprising that you never received any request to update medical records. If you moved address, did you update the address ? You can call and check if they have the correct address on file. Good idea to do anyways. I was advised to do that and I did it few months ago. 

Edited by sumitp
13 hours ago, maverick9 said:

What are the chances of Feb 2010 being current as final action date? And please people who have received their GC ... can you please share how long it took to get GC after the PD became current?

Cant answer the prediction qn. There are some online predictor calculators you can try, and read about various blogs and videos on possible movements. 

About your 2nd qn. My PD just became current in this Oct 2020 bulletin, and I have not received any change in status or any RFE or any communication yet. 

But when I read some of this forum discussion, one person had his PD current in Aug 2020 bulletin, got a medical test RFE, responded and he had his card in hand by mid September. So roughly a month and half in his case including the Medical RFE response. 

On 10/10/2020 at 5:57 PM, sumitp said:

Did you not apply for EAD and AP at that time ? And surprising that you never received any request to update medical records. If you moved address, did you update the address ? You can call and check if they have the correct address on file. Good idea to do anyways. I was advised to do that and I did it few months ago. 

Hi, I am in the same boat as you. What was that you were advised? To change address with uscis or to do medical?

I am in similar situation and been on ead/ap for last 10 years and have never received letter or rfe from uscis asking to do medical again. I though got a letter several years back saying I will have to go for interview and they will notify me when date becomes current. Is anyone in the same situation? It is also confusing that due to COVID I read somewhere that uscis is waiving interviews but I have not got any letter for that as well.