All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NishanthSundar

Can we edit the I-797 Petition Number after booking Visa Appointment

Hello,

I have booked a Visa appointment with old I-797. Now, an amendment has been filed and I expect new I-797. 

Can I update the old I-797 petition receipt number with New Approved Petition Receipt Number after making a visa appointment in CGIFEDERAL without rescheduling the appointment, has anyone changed successfully ?

Thank you.

Inputs are highly appreciated.

You can fill N number of i-797's before going to interview and show the latest one at the entry of embassy, that will continue in interview.

In my case I edited petition number when I went to Vancouver Canada visa stamping. There are few things that we cannot edit and petition number is one of them. I wanted to edit before I go to visa stamping interview just to avoid any 221G.

The site where you took the appointment if you go to Contact Us page there you will have email address. I emailed them explaining my case and gave them old petition number and the new petition number to which I want to use and they replied back saying they edited it. I logged in and saw they edited. It took around 3 business days. Please allow yourself for 3 to 7 business days depending on your query.