All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smukherjee

If USCIS delays sending the I-129 petition receipt beyond the deadline

I am an Indian national, doing a postdoc at a US University with an H1B. My current I-797b is expiring on 30th September 2020, which is a couple of weeks from today. My univ has filed for an H1B extension. The HR informed me that the extension package had been delivered to USCIS by Fed-ex on 8th Sept, but since then the USCIS has not yet sent an acknowledgment receipt. Its been 8 days already. My I-94 is expiring on 10th October. 

If the acknowledgment receipt does not arrive by 30th Sept, what should I do? Can I legally continue with employment, or should I depart? 

Thanks. 

Inquire with your HR if the check has been cashed. Many times the receipt number is also mentioned on the cashed check.

If the filing is done in premium, your HR / attorney would have received an email notification along with the receipt number, which they can forward to you, in case the receipt number has still not arrived in snail mail.

I am also in same boat,

My H1 transfer petition in premium processing send on 28th Sep by FedEx, Tracking no showing delivered on 29th Sep.

Still did not receive the receipt no. attorney saying he did not get email receipt also. my I94 expiring Oct 13th 

what are my options