All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pawan1988

Cross Chargeability

Hi,

I am a Indian citizen ( Indian Birth Certificate), but my wife is south American ( Peruvian birth Certificate), with our son who is also indian born (4 year old), my company is ready to transfer me to USA on L1B visa (EB2 ) filling, as of today for Indian citizens route from EB2 to green card takes more than a decade, I wanted to check if i can expedite the process using cross Chargeability option while applying GC

Edited by Pawan1988

Yes, cross-chargeability is available for you. Tell the lawyer. On the I-485, cross-chargeability would have to be mentioned.

Yes, you guys can all be chargeable to Peru (which is current for EB2), as long as you and your wife are immigrating at the same time.

Edited by newacct

Hi, I have a question regarding cross-chargeability. Can you please help with the following scenario:

Principal applicant, from India, applied GC under EB2 category and then filed for I-485. He was single at that time. Priority dates retrogressed after this and I-485 has been pending for several years.

He gets married and his spouse is from a different country for which PD is current. He needs to apply for his spouse's I-485. Can he use his spouse's country of birth  for his spouse's I-485 so she can get her GC immediately (since her country's PD is current). Can he use his spouse's country of birth to speed his already applied I-485 (or file another one)? Please help.