All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kris2192

7th Year Extension From India

Hi,

My Perm was filed in 01/22/2020 and Maxout was in 06/11/2020. 

I moved back to India 2 days before Maxout. My Perm went to Audit and currently response has been submitted. 

My question is If perm is approved/pending after 01/22/2021 (More than 365 Days), Can i file for 7th year extension from India. 

Or i140 is needed for filing extension. 

Appreciate your feedback! Stay Safe!

Yes the company can for 1-year extension after 01/22/21 based on a pending perm while you are in India. It will be consular processing and not extension of stay since you arent in the country.

wondering how you managed to flight back to India in June?

On 9/17/2020 at 7:32 PM, Mav777 said:

Yes the company can for 1-year extension after 01/22/21 based on a pending perm while you are in India. It will be consular processing and not extension of stay since you arent in the country.

wondering how you managed to flight back to India in June?

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The VBM flights were opened for booking in June and I was lucky enough to get ticket just a day before my Maxout. 

On 9/22/2020 at 3:53 PM, kris2192 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The VBM flights were opened for booking in June and I was lucky enough to get ticket just a day before my Maxout. 

Oh nice, thought the flights were started in july/aug. 

also, just to clarify, you can file for a 1 year extension on 01/22/21 if the perm is still pending. If the perm gets approved (before u file for the ext)  then you’ll have to wait for the i 140 to get approved (can be filed in premium) to file for an extension( in this case it’ll be a normal 3 year extension). All this can be done by the company while you are outside the country.

On 9/24/2020 at 9:27 AM, Mav777 said:

Oh nice, thought the flights were started in july/aug. 

also, just to clarify, you can file for a 1 year extension on 01/22/21 if the perm is still pending. If the perm gets approved (before u file for the ext)  then you’ll have to wait for the i 140 to get approved (can be filed in premium) to file for an extension( in this case it’ll be a normal 3 year extension). All this can be done by the company while you are outside the country.

Yes... Thanks again :)