H1B receipt delay

Caesar

Hi guys, my H1B package was sent out to USCIS CA service center on June 29th and it is signed by R.Thompson (no idea who he is). for now it is already over 2 months, and i got nothing from USICS, no receipt notice, check not cashed yet. my lawyer said it might send back to office and i have to prepare to do the lottery next year again. i just want to know anyone in the same situation with me? i do not want to waste this chance, but not any update from USCIS. if they return my package, is there a record under my name? when we call them, they said nothing in my system, no I-129 petition in it. so confused

5 hours ago, Zodiac System said:

They should give a valid reason for returning your package, with a letter asking any further action required on your petition.

thanks for your reply. the problem is, i am sure the package is delivered, and my lawyer has not found any returned package yet, but she had the fear it back to the office. and when they call USCIS, they could not find H1B petition under my name, which i think means USCIS have not checked my case. cause even they returned my package, i think they should already checked it and it should left some records in the system under my name. but for now there is nothing, looks like my package just disappeared.... but i checked with a few people whose packages were delivered in the same day as mine, and we all signed by the same person.

On 9/15/2020 at 4:06 PM, JoeF said:

The lawyer should call them. Immigration lawyers have special connections into USCIS through their association AILA.

Thank you. if my lawyer could not find my returned package by this week, i will let them call to USCIS again. i have the suspicion that my package was left in somewhere in mail room. not sure if they can find it