H1-B stamping in Halifax, NS, Canada

Raj8219

Hello -  I am resident of  Toronto. Does anyone know if i can get my H1-B stamped in Halifax? I have an appointment in November but there is some mention that only NS residents can get their H1-B stamped in Halifax.

No other consulate in Canada has any availability now and i am not sure what to do next.

I work for the same company in Canada, getting an intra-company transfer to the US now.

Edited by Raj8219

I have my H1-B Visa Extension Appointment (same employer) Scheduled for Oct 15th in Halifax, NS. I am currently living in Toronto with Canada PR. Can you please clarify if I am allowed to proceed with visa stamping in Halifax with approved petition filed and approved in March 2020. The current visa stamp expired on Aug 5th 2020. My first visa stamping was approved by Mumbai Consulate in Dec 2018 and this will be first time visa stamping in Canada. I am currently in Canada (Due to Covid Situation I have been in Canada for last few months),

Let me know if Non-Immigrant (H1-B) visa stamping is allowed in Halifax for Toronto residents with Canada PR.

• 5 months later...

Hi all. Did anyone actually visit the consulate ?

On 9/13/2020 at 11:51 PM, Parmeet G said:

I have my H1-B Visa Extension Appointment (same employer) Scheduled for Oct 15th in Halifax, NS. I am currently living in Toronto with Canada PR. Can you please clarify if I am allowed to proceed with visa stamping in Halifax with approved petition filed and approved in March 2020. The current visa stamp expired on Aug 5th 2020. My first visa stamping was approved by Mumbai Consulate in Dec 2018 and this will be first time visa stamping in Canada. I am currently in Canada (Due to Covid Situation I have been in Canada for last few months),

Let me know if Non-Immigrant (H1-B) visa stamping is allowed in Halifax for Toronto residents with Canada PR.