I got back on my H1B while my H4 and H4 EAD pending but now both are approved.

Mr.Bangalore

Hello All,

I’m facing a peculiar problem. I was on H4 and H4 EAD before pandemic which is then expiring this year jul so I applied after extension along with my husband’s premium processing on H1B however My H4 and EAD didn’t get approved along with this H1B. Waited till July then applied H4 COS to H1B for myself as I already had a previous H1 in premium which got approved. Immediately worked with my attorney and sent a withdrawal letter for my h4 and h4 ead however after 2 weeks of sending the withdrawal letter both my h4 and h4 ead are approved. I m confused with the whole process now. Can you please advise me on options I have here.

1. Is my h4 is the actual status for me currently or I don’t have any issue with the status or work authorization ? Or I have both work permits as I intended to use H1 before my h4 and EAD got approved ? 

2. will withdrawal letter will be honored and my h4 can be withdrawn ? 

3. with all this does my H1 is considered active or since h4 is the latest status, H1 is not valid at all anymore in either way ?

4. what possible ways is there to come out of this situation  and keep my work ?

5. I know I can do h4 cos to H1 again to be in safer side but considering I get the card meanwhile can I keep working ?

please suggest 

Edited by Mr.Bangalore
Question changed