Grace Period

ShivaRoy

My 60 day grace period ends on Monday  (24th Aug). I found a job and they have applied for a transfer and sent my case yesterday. They refuse to do premium as it is a level 1 wage job.

I have two masters and one bachelors and ten years of work ex. The last job I had I was paid on a level 3 wage.

1)  Going from a level 3 wage to level 1, what is the likelihood of being approved?

2) How much is the regular processing times nowadays?  I have to validate by Canadian PR by mid of October, will I get a decision before that?

3) Am I safe to stay beyond my grace period? How will I know if USCIS actually received my case on or before the last day i.e. the 24th August? I have my I94 still showing class of admission as F1 and duration as d/s, however on the entry stamp on my passport it reads valid until Aug 2022.

4) Can I travel to Canada and come back to the USA while my transfer is in the process? I have a stamped H1b with validity until Aug 2022 from my previous employer.

35 minutes ago, gopalakrishnach said:

1. Depends on your profile and job. It must be specialty job and must match your education and credentials. We cannot give predict future and give ball-point figure. But job matches your profile you will get it.

2, No timelines. Hard to tell now a days

3. Your employer will get receipt number and in that they will have date.

Also, my company says h1b packet has been delivered but a receipt will be generated after a week or 2. So if today is my 60th day what is my status until the time the receipt is generated?

Just curious WHY was it applied with level 1 wage.  Now all applications are being sent with level 2 wages.  Did the attorney advise level 1 wages?  

When the check gets cashed by USCIS, many times the LIN#/WAC# is mentioned on the cashed check.

From the time of application I believe you are good until 240 days (or the decision of the application petition, which ever is earlier).

Your status should be H1b (in process), until you get your decision.

If you go to Canada, your I-94 number will change and may create complications with your ongoing petition.  Leaving the country while your transfer is in progress is not recommended.  Check with an attorney.

Lets see what other experts suggest.

2 hours ago, Zodiac System said:

Just curious WHY was it applied with level 1 wage.  Now all applications are being sent with level 2 wages.  Did the attorney advise level 1 wages?  

When the check gets cashed by USCIS, many times the LIN#/WAC# is mentioned on the cashed check.

From the time of application I believe you are good until 240 days (or the decision of the application petition, which ever is earlier).

Your status should be H1b (in process), until you get your decision.

If you go to Canada, your I-94 number will change and may create complications with your ongoing petition.  Leaving the country while your transfer is in progress is not recommended.  Check with an attorney.

Lets see what other experts suggest.

the wage level is determined by the job requirements and pin code. There are two layers hence I think that its in level 1. its on the extreme higher end of level 1