B2 Visitor Visa Extension

ashik

I have applied for extension on Aug 11th as Paper filing and USCIS received documents on Aug 13th 2020. But our parents I-94 expiring on Aug 29th 2020. If we don't get receipt on or before I-94 expiration what are the options we have? Can they stay till we get receipt or Do I need to file again with online application  for safe side? 

Edited by ashik
On 8/16/2020 at 11:19 PM, ashik said:

I have applied for extension on Aug 11th as Paper filing and USCIS received documents on Aug 13th 2020. But our parents I-94 expiring on Aug 29th 2020. If we don't get receipt on or before I-94 expiration what are the options we have? Can they stay till we get receipt or Do I need to file again with online application  for safe side? 

If the check sent with application is cashed by bank before August 29, 2020 you are GOOD. (Sometimes LIN#/WAC# is mentioned on the check too). .............. Otherwise apply online around August 27 or 28 to be on safe side.

Edited by Zodiac System

I am applying for an extension for my mother in law. I am filing it online rather than mail. She is scheduled to leave on September 7th. Is that enough time to submit and receive the receipt?

On the application, it is asking for A-number which I didn't find on her visa. Do B1/B2 visa holders have A-number? If so, where would I find it?