Changing employer with approved I-140 EB2/NIW petition

Wanderlust86

I have an approved I-140 for my EB2 NIW petition. Due to retrogression for my country of birth, I am unable to file I-485 as the priority date is not current. I currently work for a non profit employer and on my 5th year of H1B.

1) Will I be able to change job to another non profit as long as I continue working in a field deemed nationally important in my area of expertise? or does it have to be exactly the same field of research as mentioned in my approved I-140? For example I am a molecular biologist currently engaged in research on heart development. Does my future research have to be in heart research particularly or can it be on an equally important field like kidney or brain development? Even if the research field is different I will be engaging in science with the same set of skill sets I had used for my approved I-140 .

Assuming the move is possible, should I have to file a new I-140 petition again?

2) Can I change jobs from a cap exempt to a non-cap exempt employer? If yes can I start working immediately or should I go through the lottery for that current fiscal year?

Kindly clarify and many thanks for the help!