H1 and I-94 expired, new employer bridge petition for transfer

Hello,

I am working in EC model. I have I-140 approved with 180 days period requirement fulfilled for current employer.  My H1 and I-94 have expired and extension through current employer is in progress but current project is ending soon. I have a offer but my new employer is not willing to do a transfer unless my extension that is in progress is approved first, their immigration team is a bit hesitant about bridge petition. I cannot speak to my current employer about the new offer unless transfer is processed otherwise there are chances of revocation. My current employer is looking for new projects but no luck so far. What are my best possible options to join new employer at this point without having the need to travel outside the US for CP stamping? 

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

On 8/7/2020 at 1:09 PM, pd_2050 said:

Hello,

I am working in EC model. I have I-140 approved with 180 days period requirement fulfilled for current employer.  My H1 and I-94 have expired and extension through current employer is in progress but current project is ending soon. I have a offer but my new employer is not willing to do a transfer unless my extension that is in progress is approved first, their immigration team is a bit hesitant about bridge petition. I cannot speak to my current employer about the new offer unless transfer is processed otherwise there are chances of revocation. My current employer is looking for new projects but no luck so far. What are my best possible options to join new employer at this point without having the need to travel outside the US for CP stamping? 

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

Update - My H1B is now approved, yet to receive paper copy of I-797. I have following questions - 

1. Can transfer be initiated for the new employer at this point based on online approval notification Or do I need to wait until paper copy of I-797 is received?
  2. Is it safe to join new employer on receipt? How soon can I join the new employer?
  3. What are the documents required for the transfer?
  4. Will my current employer know that I have started transfer? 

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you! 

Edited by pd_2050