Validity of H1 from employer

Hi,

I am currently working for company A, and am on a Performance Improvement Plan(PIP), which ends by August mid-2020. I have signed an offer from company B, and they are yet to initiate my H1 transfer.

My question is as follows. If my improvement plan comes to an end(am terminated from company A), and my H1 transfer hasn’t yet been initiated, will company A revoke my H1B sponsorship right away?. Will company B  get to know about the termination of my H1B?. Will this cause any issues with the H1 transfer?.

Regards,

Viswanath

Companies are required BY LAW to inform USCIS when a person on H1 no longer works there. It has absolutely zero effect on you or on any new H1.

You have a 60 day grace period (or until I-94 expiration, whichever is shorter) to get a new H1 filed.

Company A can revoke your petition right away or later time it does not matter.  As soon as they terminate your employment you have 60 days to find other job assuming you have valid I-94 and it is not expiring in next 60 days. As long as Company B file h1 transfer before that 60 days you should be ok. Company B can not know what happen at company A unless you tell them.