B2 Extension- Applied Paper based- did not receive Receipt- Can I apply online now and cancel the paper based application

SPk1

Hi Every one,

I applied Paper based application I539 - Extension of stay in B2 Visa for my parents three weeks back and there I94 expires tomorrow 6th August, 2020.

It's been three weeks and I did not not receive the receipt and my check did not processed. 

To avoid the tension, I want to apply online and get the receipt number immediately.  So, my question is if I apply online can I cancel the paper based application? 

39 minutes ago, SPk1 said:

Hi Every one,

I applied Paper based application I539 - Extension of stay in B2 Visa for my parents three weeks back and there I94 expires tomorrow 6th August, 2020.

It's been three weeks and I did not not receive the receipt and my check did not processed. 

To avoid the tension, I want to apply online and get the receipt number immediately.  So, my question is if I apply online can I cancel the paper based application? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 12:43 PM, starsshalu3645 said:

FYI,

I was able to speak to an agent at USCIS, we have to wait for 30 days at the least for the receipt. Even if you apply online, it can take up to 15 days to get the receipt. 

What do you mean by saying "Even if you apply online, it can take up to 15 days to get the receipt"? Do you mean the physical copy of the receipt or the receipt number itself takes 15 days to arrive even if filed online? I though you get the receipt number immediately after payment, if filed online?