All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nitwit

H1B extension denied, but amendment approved with extension of stay

My H1B extension was filed last year and my I-94 was expired on Sep 15 2019. And there was an amendment for location change filed (different receipt no.) on top my extension petition after my I-94 expired (while I was in 240 days stay).

There was no update on my extension petition and my company's immigration team was inquiring with USCIS. Meanwhile, I got the approval notice for my amendment petition, which also came with an extension of stay till 2022. Recently my company's received the RFE for my original extension petition with a past due date, for which they were preparing to respond. And before they respond, my petition got denied from USCIS.

In this situation, am I still eligible to work and permitted to stay with the I-94 I got in the amendment approval notice? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Can your company appeal the denial of H1b extension (file motion to reopen)  explaining the situation?  In case the USCIS accepts it and reopens the case, then you can decide the next steps after consulting the attorney (i.e either respond to the RFE or  withdraw the case).  

A denial goes into your immigration records.

Let us see what the experts say ...

Edited by Zodiac System

On 8/1/2020 at 12:50 AM, Zodiac System said:

Can your company appeal the denial of H1b extension (file motion to reopen)  explaining the situation?  In case the USCIS accepts it and reopens the case, then you can decide the next steps after consulting the attorney (i.e either respond to the RFE or  withdraw the case).  

A denial goes into your immigration records.

Let us see what the experts say ...

Thank you for your reply.. my company is checking with the attorney right now.

Hello Nitwit

Good Luck.  Will highly appreciate if you can keep us posted on the developments in your situation.

Edited by Zodiac System