All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Attorney_22

Preparing for a Current Priority Date

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions from those with current priority dates, or for those who expect to be current in the near future.    

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.
2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.
3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.
4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

11 hours ago, Attorney_22 said:

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions from those with current priority dates, or for those who expect to be current in the near future.    

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.
2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.
3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.
4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Dear Team,

What is the current average time it takes to receive GC on hand after EB1 Category for India becomes current in Aug 2020?

Hi,
I have my priority date of April 8, 2010 in EB-3 category. Can I expect it to become current in near future, say like in 6 months to 1 year time? Can you please advise ?

Thanks,

Srikar

Would like to know when will Eb3 India Filing Date reach to feb 2011 ? What about Final Action date ? How much movement will take place in Oct 2020 in Final action date and in Filing date for EB3 India.

Thanks

NG

Dear Attornies,

My PD becomes current from Aug 2020. My interview was back in January 2019 and Biometrics appointment was in May 2018.

1. Would biometrics need to be taken again before issuing a green card since they are presumably more than 15 months old?

2. Would a new background check need to be conducted and will they consider any background check conducted for H1/L1 visa extension or EAD/AP renewal?

3. If new background check is required then how much time would that take?

4. Considering EB1 India PD moved from May 2017 to Feb 2018, in how much time can I expect my case to be approved?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

For current priority dates, what is the criteria for expired Medical? Does it strictly follow 24 months from the date the Civil Surgeon signed the medical certificate or is it dependent on the officer approving the Green card? Thanks

On 7/30/2020 at 9:13 PM, SivaRK said:

Dear Team,

What is the current average time it takes to receive GC on hand after EB1 Category for India becomes current in Aug 2020?

It is too early to tell what the trend is at this time. However, generally, when an AOS is pre-adjudicated without the need for additional documentation, USCIS will take anywhere from one to three months to approve. Often it occurs within the first month, but not always.  

On 7/30/2020 at 10:02 PM, SriJon said:

Hi,
I have my priority date of April 8, 2010 in EB-3 category. Can I expect it to become current in near future, say like in 6 months to 1 year time? Can you please advise ?

Thanks,

Srikar

Unfortunately, we cannot be sure how long it will take. 

On 7/31/2020 at 11:10 PM, nishchalgupta said:

Would like to know when will Eb3 India Filing Date reach to feb 2011 ? What about Final Action date ? How much movement will take place in Oct 2020 in Final action date and in Filing date for EB3 India.

Thanks

NG

Unfortunately, we cannot be sure how long it will take. 

On 8/1/2020 at 11:41 PM, desibanjara said:

For current priority dates, what is the criteria for expired Medical? Does it strictly follow 24 months from the date the Civil Surgeon signed the medical certificate or is it dependent on the officer approving the Green card? Thanks

A medical needs to be submitted to USCIS within sixty days of the civil surgeon's signature. The medical will then be valid for two years from the date USCIS receives the document.