All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SDA

H1-B Transfer in process, joined new employer on receipt, question on 60 grace period start

Hi,

I have resigned from my current employer who holds my Visa and joined another employer on H1-B transfer receipt notice (Had to join due to unavoidable circumstances). There is no employment gap. As soon as I resigned i Joined new employer the next day.

My Question is, Am I on 60 day grace period in this case or 60-day grace period clock hasn't started yet?

No, you are not on 60 days grace period. You are on an H1B status with the new employer. Your case is typical H1b transfer process, which everyone goes through!

joined another employer on H1-B transfer receipt notice (Had to join due to unavoidable circumstances). There is no employment gap. As soon as I resigned i Joined new employer the next day. ---- you are not under 60 days rule since you joined new employer on receipt.

20 hours ago, immigrant27 said:

No, you are not on 60 days grace period. You are on an H1B status with the new employer. Your case is typical H1b transfer process, which everyone goes through!

Thank you so much for your response!