H1B (Status: Case Was Received) - Employer change is needed

Hi,

I'm currently on STEM-OPT (valid till July 4th, 2021) working Full time (40hrs/week) Employer 'A' who filed my H1B this year and the Status of it is - Case Was Received.  Due to cash flow issues, Employer 'A' reduced my work hours to 20hrs/week from the following week, and allowed me to work until a decision is received on my current H1B. 
Assuming I convert the current application to Premium processing and my current H1B is approved from Employer 'A' and the start date is Oct 1, 2020:
1. Can I find a new employer 'B' with a job and initiate a H1B transfer before Oct 1,2020 ?
2. (Or) should I wait for H1B to be started on Oct 1, 2020 and then ask the new employer 'B' to file for a H1B transfer?
3. (Or) should I ask the current Employer 'A' to withdraw my application as they are not willing to pay 40hrs/week from Oct 1,2020 the date of H1 start? If so, how quickly can I ask Employer 'A' to file for withdrawal so that it will not affect another year of my STEM-OPT?

Any kind of advice is highly appreciated.
Thanks!

Edited by Divya Y
Added additional information