Travel on B1/B2 while H1B petition is approved

Hello,

I am currently in India and my fresh H1B petition was recently approved. But as we all know the consulates are closed and there's no specific timeline on when I can go for stamping. I read the EO in a way that only entry is restricted until December 31st and there are multiple interpretations on whether the visa can be stamped before December 31st.

I am in a unique situation where I have a valid B1/B2 visa stamped and now H1B petition was approved. So I wanted to check whether I can travel on B1/B2, change the status after reaching there and start working. It would also be great if I can get clarification on timeline for visa stamping if consulate opens as well.

Thank you very much.

When you land at POE using B1/B2 since you already have H1B approved they might feel that you intend to migrate to USA and work. I advice talk to immigration lawyer and take decision.

t would also be great if I can get clarification on timeline for visa stamping if consulate opens as well. --- sorry no FUTURE tellers, We do not have those gifts so far. No timelines. No one knows...