H1B Travel to Canada And Return.

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing fine and staying safe. 

I am a Canadian PR and my PR card is expiring around August 1st week. I just got my extension approved 2 weeks ago for 3 years and I have a valid H1B Stamp until Dec 2020 (I applied for Ext 6 months earlier) and I am still with the same employer and client, so nothing changed apart from validity. So if I travel to Canada (Toronto) and wish to travel back in September I am assuming I can do so as I got valid visa on Passport. And the next important thing is which is very confusing, can I book an appointment with US Consulate for H1B Stamping while I am in Canada so that I get the H1B stamp while I am there. I dont mind If I cant travel until January or whenever the ban is lifted, thats fine with me.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be much appreciated. 

Thanks 

Edited by DreamszAlone
1 hour ago, gopalakrishnach said:

After Canada embassies are open for H1B visa stamping you can get stamped. Once new visa is stamped ion your passport DEC 2020 visa will be invalid. Infact they stamp it making invalid. I may be wrong.

Thanks for the reply. Is US Embassies in Canada accepting H1B Visa appointments?

Edited by DreamszAlone

Please share your experience once you return to the US. Considering the border is only open for entry of essential workers, I am wonder if they would ask you at the land border - why do you need to come into the US now? Are you an essential worker? Can't you not come in later when the border is open to everyone?