All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KC5

H1b amendment from consular process to COS

Hello,

My H-1 B got approved through consular process , Till 2021 July (approval based on the SOW).I will be working with the same employer at same location with same client as filed in the initial h-1b application. 

Due to the recent immigration restrictions It is not possible  to travel to india till December and it might be extended as mentioned in the memo

My questions

1) can I apply for amendment of approved H-1 from consular process to COS.

2) How much time will it take for the processing.

3) I am on OPT and still have valid Opt time but my student visa expired in July 

Your answers will depend on these...Why was your case approved in Consular processing? Did you employer apply in Consular processing or did USCIS change it to consular processing? 

12 hours ago, User099 said:

Your answers will depend on these...Why was your case approved in Consular processing? Did your employer apply in Consular processing or did USCIS change it to consular processing? 

Yes, My employer filed it in  Consular processing. COS was not checked in my petition so USCIS didn't deny it and got the approval for consular processing.

Edited by KC5
adding additional details

10 hours ago, smukherjee said:

If I may ask, when was your H1b filed? Was it filed after the suspension order? 

Filed before suspension order.Thank you