Reckless Driving and Immigration Consequences

Hello,

Recently I was convicted of Reckless Driving in Virginia which is a misdemeanor offense(criminal) in Virginia.

Note: No alcohol or drugs involved

My penalties are

1. 90 days of jail all of which was suspended

2. 90 days driving license suspension 

3. $591 fine

I am currently on my F1 status and in future I want to apply for H1B visa will that will have any negative impact on getting H1B visa and during H1B stamping?

2. Is there any risk for H1B denial at port of entry for misdemeanor offense by speed.

3. Will I get any 221g slip 

Thanks in AdvanceA439D300-06AB-4C4D-89F4-CCC0BBC2399A.thumb.png.c9fc3e087d3f547655d2e7fb61d18d33.png

This will always be in your records for ever and it will always have its impact. Do not worry you have lot of chances to get 221G and after regular processing it will be cleared so whenever you go to visa stamping plan accordingly. Better go to stamping in your home country.

1. have any negative impact on getting H1B visa and during H1B stamping? --- It will play its party. Might get 221G so plan accordingly. Better go to home country.

2. Is there any risk for H1B denial at port of entry for misdemeanor offense by speed. --- Less chances at POE.

3. . Will I get any 221g slip  -- More chances.

I am sorry to say but it will have its impacts on your immigration, job, and other things

On 7/27/2020 at 10:22 AM, gopalakrishnach said:

This will always be in your records for ever and it will always have its impact. Do not worry you have lot of chances to get 221G and after regular processing it will be cleared so whenever you go to visa stamping plan accordingly. Better go to stamping in your home country.

1. have any negative impact on getting H1B visa and during H1B stamping? --- It will play its party. Might get 221G so plan accordingly. Better go to home country.

2. Is there any risk for H1B denial at port of entry for misdemeanor offense by speed. --- Less chances at POE.

3. . Will I get any 221g slip  -- More chances.

I am sorry to say but it will have its impacts on your immigration, job, and other things

I agree

I have few questions.

if this is your first offense you should have asked to reduce charges. Now its already disposed you can’t do anything.

did they take your finger prints. If so, definitely there will be more questions at POE. 

Getting 221G mainly depends on your Job and if there are any pending charges. Since you’re case is disposed just carry all documents.

i have been involved in serious case than what you’re worried. I didn’t get 221G and i got my passport in 3 days and at POE they will ask questions. Since yours is a petty offense. Don’t worry

P.S: I still don’t get how come your lawyer made you accept those charges

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 11:41 AM, bunnykrishna said:

Hello,

Recently I was convicted of Reckless Driving in Virginia which is a misdemeanor offense(criminal) in Virginia.

Note: No alcohol or drugs involved

My penalties are

1. 90 days of jail all of which was suspended

2. 90 days driving license suspension 

3. $591 fine

I am currently on my F1 status and in future I want to apply for H1B visa will that will have any negative impact on getting H1B visa and during H1B stamping?

2. Is there any risk for H1B denial at port of entry for misdemeanor offense by speed.

3. Will I get any 221g slip 

Thanks in AdvanceA439D300-06AB-4C4D-89F4-CCC0BBC2399A.thumb.png.c9fc3e087d3f547655d2e7fb61d18d33.png

Hi,

The judge in that district is strict and generally do not reduce the charge when it is above 25mph. There were no fingerprints taken. Could you share your experience also. Will there be denial due to this?

thanks