Green card to baby born outside USA

Hi, 

My wife and I are green card holder for last 4 years. We have a baby born in India and we are travelling together to USA (Chicago) for the first time. As per US consulate in India, 

The child must be admitted to the U.S. within two years of birth and the accompanying parent must be applying for readmission upon first return after the birth of the child.

I couple of question regarding this.

1. I would like to confirm that child can travel to US without any visa.

2. Can I enter any other port than where we live? We are based in Dallas and would like to enter ORD.

3. How long does it take at the CBP office at ORD airport? Does this require any pre-work before traveling?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Prasanna 

1. Yes, the baby can travel to the US as an immigrant without an immigrant visa, as far as the US government is concerned. However, if the airline might not let the baby board without a visa, in which case you would have to get a transportation letter from a US consulate. You do not need to file I-131A and do not need to pay a fee to get this transportation letter.

2. yes

3. not sure