B2 Visa Extension Covid

I am on L1 and applied I539 extension for my parents, because of covid. I applied for a B2 visa extension with I-912 since covid is a global pandemic and Uscis agent advised to apply with I912. I gave an affidavit of support from my L1 job. My parents' I-94 will expire on July 29th. I applied for the paper extension with I-912 on June 20th. I called USCIS on July 21st, and they gave me the receipt number and told that the application is rejected as there is "No fee attached" with the application. So what should I do now? 
1. Since I have only 1 week to apply for the extension, should I apply it online now? Or 
2. Can I reply back to the USCIS  via mail attaching the check? If I reply back to their rejection mail with a check, then it would take at least mid august for them to process the new documents and my parents, I-94 expires on July 29th. 

3. Since they rejected the application and gave a receipt number, does that mean I can reply to their rejection mail and not to worry about the I-94 expiration as they already looked at our request and created a receipt number? Generally, as long as my application is in the process, they get a 240 days extension by default. However, in this case since it is a reject asking for the fee to be attached, is it safe to apply via paper in reply to the current rejection? It may take at least mid august for them to process. If I reply back to the rejected mail, do they use the same receipt number or a different receipt number?
3. If I apply online, would that clash with the offline application I sent earlier and creates a problem? is applying online safe at all in this case?

Edited by B2VisaExtension
On 7/21/2020 at 11:43 PM, B2VisaExtension said:

I am on L1 and applied I539 extension for my parents, because of covid. I applied for a B2 visa extension with I-912 since covid is a global pandemic and Uscis agent advised to apply with I912. I gave an affidavit of support from my L1 job. My parents' I-94 will expire on July 29th. I applied for the paper extension with I-912 on June 20th. I called USCIS on July 21st, and they gave me the receipt number and told that the application is rejected as there is "No fee attached" with the application. So what should I do now? 
1. Since I have only 1 week to apply for the extension, should I apply it online now? Or 
2. Can I reply back to the USCIS  via mail attaching the check? If I reply back to their rejection mail with a check, then it would take at least mid august for them to process the new documents and my parents, I-94 expires on July 29th. 

3. Since they rejected the application and gave a receipt number, does that mean I can reply to their rejection mail and not to worry about the I-94 expiration as they already looked at our request and created a receipt number? Generally, as long as my application is in the process, they get a 240 days extension by default. However, in this case since it is a reject asking for the fee to be attached, is it safe to apply via paper in reply to the current rejection? It may take at least mid august for them to process. If I reply back to the rejected mail, do they use the same receipt number or a different receipt number?
3. If I apply online, would that clash with the offline application I sent earlier and creates a problem? is applying online safe at all in this case?

Please reply back to the USCIS via mail, attaching check and scanned copy of the receipt number, along with their rejection letter asking for check (via overnight fedex) and keep the tracking number safe.  Make sure they received it. Check with your bank if the check is cashed by USCIS, immediately.   (Applying online, before the deadline of July 29 is your backup option).  

• 2 weeks later...