H4 TO F1 COS QUESTION

I am currently on H4 visa with expiry on Aug 2021 and my partner has I-140 approved.

It looks like the current processing times for H4 to F1 COS is 6-8 months. I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can answer regarding H4 to F1 COS application.

Primary Question: Will the I-539 COS from H4 to F1 transition be smooth considering my husband has I-140 approved ?  If the chances are low for rejection, I have some follow-up questions:

1. If my I-539 COS gets rejected, is my H4 still valid or do I have to leave the country immediately ?

2. Am I eligible for CPT to do an internship in May/June 2021 assuming I-539 COS petition gets approved by then ? 

3. Is it mandatory to travel to India to get my F-1 Visa stamped after COS approval and before I graduate?

4. If it is not mandatory to travel outside the country and get F1 Visa stamped, can I apply for an OPT and/or "H1B visa through company sponsorship" in April 2022 without ever leaving the country ?

5. Lastly, how to know which service center will process your I-539 COS application? I live in NJ currently.

If I don't ever have to leave the country and I can be eligible for CPT (for internship) and OPT (for full-time job) or H-1B visa application, then I would like to consider the H4 to F1 COS route. This is the reason for my questions.

Any response would be appreciated.

Edited by Bhavx2019
Added clarity