All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mike1993

H1-B Degree Eligibility - Two Masters degrees but no Bachelor's degree

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding the academic eligibility criteria for H1-B. My situation is slightly different - I did not complete my Bachelor's degree because of health issues in the past. But I got admission to pursue direct one-year MA Media & Communication from a university in London on the basis of my five years of work experience and I graduated with the MA. I then came to the US and recently finished a one-year MS in Marketing Analytics degree from a university in California. I have got a job offer and my new employer has agreed to file for H1-B. But my completed education adds to only 14 years in total. Does my academic profile qualify for H1-B or is there a mandatory requirement of 16 years of completed education? 

Please let me know.

Thanks.

You may want to get your academics evaluated by accredited credential evaluating services and you will get to know if it meets the criteria or not. Additionally your perspective employer's attorney can clarify on it. In most cases master's degree is 2 years but, weigh in well known institute/ online university / public vs private as well. 

Edited by Leavemessageh1b
added details