Transfer h1b within 60days

I am on h1b got layoff from my full time job,

1.what if i have two companies Company 1 and company 2, company 1 initiate my h1b transfer and gets rejected then can company 2 apply for transfer with in my 60 days grace period time.

2.what if i want to transfer  from h1b to b1 visa, till i find job and then transfer from b1 to h1b, Is this options valid, Do i have to go for stamping after visa transfer?   

On 7/12/2020 at 6:30 PM, kumar2019 said:

I am on h1b got layoff from my full time job,

1.what if i have two companies Company 1 and company 2, company 1 initiate my h1b transfer and gets rejected then can company 2 apply for transfer with in my 60 days grace period time.

2.what if i want to transfer  from h1b to b1 visa, till i find job and then transfer from b1 to h1b, Is this options valid, Do i have to go for stamping after visa transfer?   

1. Can be done, only if you have a valid I94.

2. H1 to B1 and B1 to H1 can be done, but it might take a long time for COS to B1 to be approved more than 6 months. If you don't want to wait and want to switch over to H1 again, then you will have to go for stamping if you don't have a valid stamp. If you have a valid stamp, you can just go to the border and come back on H1. 

Is going to stamping is a must between switching visas , can't  I go for stamping when I travel internationally? 

Is this 60 days grace period applicable through out my H1b tenure or 60 days grace period is every time i am out of my job in future? How is this 60 days grace period is calculated? 

A visa is an entry document. In the US you have a status. Changing the status does not require a new visa. You get a new I-94 which shows the current status.

The 60 day grace period applies when you are laid off or quit your H1 employer. It is 60 days or until the I-94 expiration, whichever is shorter.

Edited by JoeF