Here are my details (name withheld)

H1B - Primary Applicant 

Name : Primary Applicant 
i94 , H1-B petition and visa expiration date : 31st Oct 2020

H4 - Dependents 
Name : Dependant1 and Dependant2
i94 and H4 petition expiry date : 26th Aug 2020
H4 visa expiration date :- 31st Oct 2020

As my sponsoring company said, they will initiate my H1B extension and H4 extension filing only before 30days of expiry (i.e only on 1st Oct 2020) , 
I was asked to apply for H4 i94/petition extension first to extend my dependents until Oct 31st 2020 (they also added that it will automatically extend H4's lawful status when the application is in progress). 

My concern is when filing 2nd time I-539 application for H4 dependents filing , now along with H1B on 1st Oct 2020 (after H4's i94 date of expiry), what will we fill in the 12.b Expiration date in I-539 form ?  Will we mention the expired i94 date (26th Aug 2020) in this 2nd H4 extension application ? If we do it, will that go into automatic audit/rejection/issues ? Please suggest. Thanks !

20 hours ago, User099 said:

2nd time when you apply for H4 extension you will mention the current I94 number and attach the 1st H4 extension receipt notice to the petition. It won't be rejected or there not be any issues. I94 number will not change untill you travel out of the country.  

Thanks a lot for your response and I really mean it. This was causing sleepless nights for me for a long time.