B2 Visitor Visa extension Pending requested 3 months only

harryn

Hi,

Can you please advise for the below situation, what are my option or next steps for B2 visa extension for my in laws:

1. My parents came to US on B2 visa and completed the 6 months.

2. Since Covid situation started before their travel date, we applied the B2 visa extension for another 3 months (not aware of covid situation will be long term).

3. Currently her petition is pending and waiting for the bio metric appointment reschedule after opening of the USCIS VSC offices.

4. What are my options to request the USCIS to provide the some more months of extension or to update the existing pending application applied online. They are really old and can not travel in this covid situation, because of their health condition.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

One should filing for another application to extend their status while the first one is pending. You must consult an experienced immigration attorney to have a better understanding of what are the pros and cons. Make sure you file this application before the requested timeline has crossed to avoid any potential issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 2:46 PM, G2_India said:

One should filing for another application to extend their status while the first one is pending. You must consult an experienced immigration attorney to have a better understanding of what are the pros and cons. Make sure you file this application before the requested timeline has crossed to avoid any potential issues.

@harryn I'm in the same boat. Curious to know how you proceeded. Thanks