All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
okank

Travel with E-2

Hello, 

I'm in US now and I have an E-2 status. But it's not on my passport. I was wondering if I can travel to Key West with only my VA drivers license, or do I need a passport with a valid visa on it?

A visa stamp is an entry document. Since Key West is part of Florida, it is within the US, so no visa stamp required.

In the US, the I-94 is what matters. It shows the status. There is a requirement to carry the I-94 with you all the time.

So all I need is my VA drivers license and an I-94 print out from i94.cbp.dhs.gov ,and I don't need to carry my foreign passport.

Is that correct?

On 7/9/2020 at 2:02 PM, okank said:

So all I need is my VA drivers license and an I-94 print out from i94.cbp.dhs.gov ,and I don't need to carry my foreign passport.

Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. 

On 7/9/2020 at 1:02 PM, okank said:

Is that correct?

The rule is that you have to carry a government-issued ID document and the I-94. Given that the I-94 is usually stapled to the passport (at least it was when I was on H1)  it would be the easiest to just carry the passport with the I-94. But you can of course carry any other government-issued ID with the I-94.

Edited by JoeF