Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

filing greencard for sister

Recommended Posts


i recently got citizenship would like to file greencard for my sister .. she is in USA under H4 EAD.. 

1. can I file family based greencard for her.. 

2. if she loes her H4EAD or go to India is that application still be valid. 

3. if she loses H4 AED status, is there any other way she can stay in USA (assuming she does not have H1 visa) while the family based greencard is in progress. 


Share this post

Link to post

You can file an I-130 for her, but the PD is over 12 years back.

It doesn't affect her H4 or H4 EAD, but if she loss that there is no way to stay based on the I-130.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this