All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Orion786

H-1B Transfer after layoff

Hello Everyone,  I have been laid off from my current company and thus I am already in my 60 day grace period.  Below are the details of my case:

Company A filed my visa transfer with USCIS.  The FedEx was delivered to USCIS one day before my severance from my previous employer.  I still do not have the e-receipt and I do not have information if it was filed in regular or premium processing.

However, Company A cannot onboard me till the petition is approved.  

Though it is my preferred company to join, I am not sure if Company A will onboard me before the end of my grace period and I am afraid I will accumulate illegal stay.

Company B is ready to file my visa transfer and onboard me immediately. If I initiate a visa transfer with Company B, I will have 2 visa transfers filed with USCIS, one from Company A (already filed) and another from Company B.

Below are my questions:

If I file another transfer, am I running a risk for RFE, especially with Company A for filing visa transfers through multiple companies?
If I join Company B based on the filing date, and later, if the transfer with Company A is approved, can I join Company A even if my petition filed through Company B is not approved?
Do I have to inform the attorneys from Company A or Company B about another transfer already in process?

Thank you for your help!

If I file another transfer, am I running a risk for RFE, especially with Company A for filing visa transfers through multiple companies? -- you can have multiple H1B petitions by different employers for different job roles. Thats normal. RFE will depend on the application not having multiple applications.

If I join Company B based on the filing date, and later, if the transfer with Company A is approved, can I join Company A even if my petition filed through Company B is not approved? - You can join company A and B will revoke their petition.

Do I have to inform the attorneys from Company A or Company B about another transfer already in process?  - both are independent. No need.